Discover Scuba in Aurora, ON
Soldier On, in collaboration with Simcoe Dive, will host a one day discover scuba event in Aurora, ON on February 16 at 12:20 - 2:20 p.m. This event will allow participates to learn about scuba diving equipment and experience scuba diving in an enclosed pool environment giving them the feel of the equipment and underwater buoyancy.
This activity will bring together both serving and retired ill/injured CAF members, allowing participants to connect through peer support and encourage a healthy and active lifestyle.
This local Discover Scuba event will provide an opportunity for Soldier On participants to learn about scuba equipment and allow them the opportunity to experience scuba diving in a pool with a qualified Dive Master.
*Selected participates will be required to complete the service providers medical questionnaire which will require a physician’s signature. The form must be completed and signed prior to participation in the event
Scuba equipment will be provided to all participants.
Ill/injured members will take part in a two hour discover scuba lessons. Participants will receive Instruction on scuba equipment and spend time underwater in a pool and explore new possibilities to become active.
Assistance throughout the event will be provided courtesy of Simcoe Diving
The number of Soldier On participants is limited to eight.
Minimum eligibility criteria
Any serving member or veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) from the Aurora area (Borden, Barrie, Newmarket, Orangeville Toronto) who acquired a permanent physical or mental health illness or injury while enrolled as a member of the CAF; whether attributable or not to service.
Medical clearance may be required by your chain of command.
Mental & Physical Requirements
Transport and Meals
- Participants must be able to tolerate two hours of moderate paced activities throughout the session.
- Additionally, participants interested in this event should possess basic swimming skills and be deemed medically fit for diving.
- Medical authorization will be required prior for selected participation.
- Participants should possess a base level of total body strength and be comfortable in aquatic environments.
- Participants will be joined with other ill/injured members and civilians, and therefore should be able to function in a social environment.
- Participants are advised that meals and transportation will not be provided by Soldier On for this event.
- Participants will be required to arrange their own travel to and from the event location, travel and meals are not eligible for reimbursement for this event.
- Participants also acknowledge that there will be no alcohol consumption allowed during the conduct of this event.
Deadline for Nomination Forms. Must be received by Soldier On no later than the 13th of January, 2022.
Express your interest here
Be advised that a proof of vaccination or vaccine passport will be required at the event.