NCR Ice Fishing Expedition
Soldier On will be partnering Jenkins Guiding Service to host an ice fishing expedition on the 11th of January in Carleton Place, ON from 11:20 a.m. for pick-up to 6:30 p.m. for drop-off. This activity will bring together both serving and retired ill/injured CAF members, allowing participants to connect through peer support and encourage an active lifestyle.
Up to eight ill/injured serving or retired members of the Canadian Armed Forces will have the opportunity to learn about ice fishing in a safe and fun environment on beautiful Mississippi Lake. This event will assist in the continuation of a healthy lifestyle.
The aim of this activity will be to allow participants the opportunity to learn the basics of ice fishing with a fully guided fishing for walleye, pike, perch and trout from the confines of heated tents/shelters with all of the required gear to ensure a successful day on the ice.
This program will allow participants the opportunity to learn about ice fishing and put their skills to test on from heated tents on the ice.
Soldier On will provide transportation to and from the ice fishing location at a pre designated pick-up/drop-off area located at the NCR Transition Unit parking lot.
All skill levels are welcome, but this program will move at a pace comfortable for a beginner.
Assistance throughout the event will be provided courtesy of Jenkins Guiding Service
The number of Soldier On participants is limited to eight.
Minimum eligibility criteria
Any serving member or veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) from the National Capital Region who acquired a permanent physical or mental health illness or injury while enrolled as a member of the CAF; whether attributable or not to service.
Participants must provide their own travel to and from pre designated pick-up/drop-off area located at the Transition Unit NCR parking lot. Travel assistance will not be provided.
Medical clearance may be required by your chain of command.
Mental & Physical Requirements
- Participants must be able to tolerate four hours of lightly paced activities throughout the session.
- Participation in this event will require some physical movements and be held outdoors, therefore participants need to dress appropriately.
- A suggested kit list will be included in the joining instructions issues to selected participants.
- Should there be unfavorable weather conditions for the participants, Soldier On will endeavour to reschedule the event.
- Participants will be joined with other ill/injured members and civilians, and therefore should be able to function in a social environment.
Be advised that a proof of vaccination or vaccine passport will be required at the event.