Cross-Country Ski in Oro Medonte, ON
Soldier On will be hosting a multi-day Cross-Country Ski event at Hardwood Hills Ski and Bike Oro Medonte, ON. This event will take place over four successive Mondays starting the 17th January from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. This activity will bring together both serving and retired ill/injured CAF members, allowing participants to connect through peer support and encourage a healthy and active lifestyle.
The aim of this activity is to provide an opportunity for both serving and Veteran ill/injured CAF members to use the sport of cross country skiing as part of their recovery and rehabilitation.
Regardless of the current skill level, the participants will receive expert instruction in cross country skiing to include adaptive equipment and sit ski, if required.
Ill/injured members will be introduced to cross country skiing, this activity will be comprised of three to four hours of moderate to high-paced activities. Assistance throughout the event will be provided by staff and ski instructors from Hardwood Ski and Bike
The number of Soldier On participants is limited to 10.
Minimum eligibility criteria
Any serving member or veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) from the Oro Medonte area (Borden, Wasaga Beach, Barrie, Alliston, Midland) who acquired a permanent physical or mental health illness or injury while enrolled as a member of the CAF; whether attributable or not to service.
Medical clearance may be required by your chain of command.
Mental & Physical Requirements
Transport and Meals
- Participants must be able to tolerate three to four hours of moderate-paced activities for each of the event days.
- Applicants must have a limited requirement for rest throughout the duration of the event.
- Participants will be joined by other ill/injured members and civilians, and therefore should be able to function in a social environment.
- Participants are advised that meals and transportation will not be provided by Soldier On for this event.
- Participants will be required to arrange their own travel to and from the event location, travel and meals are not eligible for reimbursement for this event.
- Participants also acknowledge that there will be no alcohol consumption allowed during the conduct of this event.