Shilo Country Club - Soldier On Golf Day
Soldier On, in collaboration with Shilo Country Club, is hosting the Shilo Country Club Soldier On Golf Day in Shilo, MB. This will be a one-day event held on Thursday, August 25, 2022.
This activity will bring together both serving and retired ill/injured CAF members, allowing participants to connect through peer support and encourage a healthy and active lifestyle. This event will provide an opportunity for Soldier On participants to learn basic golfing techniques through instruction and coaching.
This is open only to registered Solder On serving or retired members in the Shilo/Brandon geographical area
. There is no cost and assistance is provided in registration and filling out the waiver if requested. Travel assistance is not provided for this event as it is in the Shilo/Brandon geographical area.
Instruction and mentoring will be provided by the staff of the Shilo Country Club, located in Shilo, MB.
Assistance throughout the event will be provided courtesy of the Club Pro, Dave Scinocca and the Shilo Country Club.
The number of Soldier On participants is limited to eight (8)
Minimum eligibility criteria:
Any serving member or veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) from the Shilo/Brandon geographical area
who acquired a permanent physical or mental health illness or injury while enrolled as a member of the CAF; whether attributable or not to service.
Medical clearance may be required by your chain of command.
Mental & Physical Requirements
Participants must be able to tolerate four to six hours of moderate paced activities. Due to the busy activity schedule, applicants must have a limited requirement for rest throughout the day.
be able to swing a golf club without issue or being in violation of their MELs.
Participants are advised that this event is located at the Canadian Armed Forces Base in Shilo, and thus they may be exposed to a day-to-day military environment.
Participants will be joined with other ill/injured members and civilians, and therefore should be able to function in a social environment.
Soldier On events are planned in accordance with municipal, provincial, territorial and federal public health measures (PHM) and regulations as well as the Canadian Armed Forces health policy and guidelines. The health and safety of Soldier On participants and staff, PSP staff, and CAF TG personnel are paramount.
While specific safety precautions for each event will depend on the scope, scale and location of the event, the utmost care will be undertaken to ensure the risk associated with the spread of COVID-19 is very low. Specific precautions, rules, regulations and observances will be communicated to selected participants for this specific camp in due course, but all applicants must be prepared to:
- Be familiar with, and adhere to current PHM regulations and guidance;
- Refrain from participating in a Soldier On event if they have tested positive for COVID-19, have come in contact with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 and/or are experiencing symptoms of the virus;
- Practice physical distancing during activity, including the use of non-medical mask when appropriate;
- Follow all safety precautions provided by Soldier On and its sport service providers;
- Inform Soldier On immediately if you are not feeling well.
Soldier on, during the conduct of this activity, shall:
- Ensure that the event is conducted following the current PHM regulations and guidelines of the location in question;
- Ensure that all staff and participants are using PPE properly and following necessary protocols;
- Soldier On will cease the event if participants do not respect any of the health and safety protocols that are in place;
- Ensure PPE, hand sanitizer and disinfectant supplies are available and used according to current PHM;
- Continue to monitor the further provincial lifting of or changes in restrictions which may affect their operations;
Track physical interactions (time/date/attendees/location) on physical activity log
The event OPI will confirm in writing with the participants selected for this activity.
An activity delivery questionnaire will be sent to selected participants to complete and return. This will assist the event OPI and the sport delivery partner with the planning of logistics and the activity.
A joining instruction will be issued prior to event; ensuring applicants are authorized to participate IAW applicable policies & eligibility criteria.
Shilo Country Club Soldier On Golf Day will encourage ill/injured serving CAF personnel and veterans to develop new skills and also to engage with others while personally challenging themselves in an active, healthy and fun environment.