Introduction to Ice Fishing in Dundurn, SK
Soldier On, in collaboration with Dundurn Rod, Gun and Archery Club, will host an Introduction to Ice Fishing event near Dundurn, SK. This event will take place on February 18 and 19 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Blackstrap Lake. This activity will bring together both serving and retired ill/injured CAF members, allowing participants to connect through peer support and encourage a healthy and active lifestyle.
The event will provide an opportunity for Soldier On participants to learn or improve their ice fishing skills.
This is open only to registered Soldier On serving or retired members in the Dundurn and Saskatoon geographical area.
Participants will be provided with all required ice fishing equipment and will have an opportunity to fish inside an ice fishing shelter and on the open ice. There is no cost and assistance is provided in registration and filling out the waiver if requested.
Costs related to travel assistance and meals will not be reimbursed for this event.
Instruction and mentoring will be provided by WO Rémi Létourneau, President of the Dundurn Rod, Gun and Archery Club and Sgt Chris Kennedy, an experienced angler.
Assistance throughout the event will be provided courtesy of the Dundurn Rod, Gun and Archery Club
*The number of Soldier On participants is limited to eight (8) with four (4) participants each day
Minimum eligibility criteria
Any serving member or veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) from the Dundurn and Saskatoon geographical area who acquired a permanent physical or mental health illness or injury while enrolled as a member of the CAF; whether attributable or not to service.
Medical clearance may be required by your chain of command.
Mental & Physical Requirements
- The activities will be carried out in accordance with your Medical Employment Limitations (LEMs) and may be adapted according to your needs.
- Participants must be able to tolerate six to eight (6 to 8) hours of lightly paced activities throughout the day (sitting and standing).
- Participants are advised that this event will be held outdoors, and weather conditions can change quickly.
- Participants are expected to dress accordingly for the weather conditions.
- Participants will be joined with other ill/injured members and civilians, and therefore should be able to function in a social environment.
Be advised that a proof of vaccination or vaccine passport will be required at the event.
*Please note that changes to the event may be necessary should local PHM measures change