Golf Day at Borden, ON
Soldier On, in collaboration with the Borden Golf Club, is hosting a golf day complete with driving range and putting green instruction at the Borden Golf Club on July 18 from 10 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. This activity will bring together both serving and retired ill/injured CAF members, allowing participants to connect through peer support and encourage a healthy and active lifestyle.
This local golf event will provide an opportunity for Soldier On participants to learn basic golfing techniques through instruction and coaching. Participants will spend time on the driving range as well as the putting green, the day will culminate in round of golf.
Ill/injured members will spend the day at the Borden Golf Course, participants will receive Instruction and mentoring on techniques in the morning giving them the basic skills required to complete a round of golf in the afternoon.
Golf equipment will be provided on request.
Assistance throughout the event will be provided courtesy of the Borden Golf Club
The number of Soldier On participants is limited to 10.
Minimum eligibility criteria
Any serving member or veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) from the Borden area (Collingwood, Barrie, Wasaga Beach, Aliston) who acquired a permanent physical or mental health illness or injury while enrolled as a member of the CAF; whether attributable or not to service.
Medical clearance may be required by your chain of command.
Mental & Physical Requirements
Transport and Meals
- Participants must be able to tolerate five hours of moderate paced activities.
- Due to the nature of this activity, applicants must have a limited requirement for rest throughout the day.
- Participants will be joined with other ill/injured members and civilians, and therefore should be able to function in a social environment.
- Participants are advised that this event will take place on a Canadian Armed Forces bases/facilities, and thus they may be exposed to a day-to-day military environment.
- Participants are advised that meals and transportation will not be provided by Soldier On with the exception of lunch during the event.
- Participants will be required to arrange their own travel to and from the event location, travel and meals are not eligible for reimbursement for this event.
- Participants also acknowledge that there will be no alcohol consumption allowed during the conduct of this event.
Nomination Forms must be received by Soldier On no later than the 30th of June, 2022.