Outdoors Yoga in Kingston, ON
Soldier On will be hosting an introduction to outdoors yoga at Barriefield Rock Garden Park on Tuesdays, July 6 to August 24, 6-7:15 p.m ET.
No meals or transport will be supported for this event. This event is open to anyone within one hour’s drive from the location of the event in the Kingston, ON geographical area.
This activity will bring together both serving and retired ill/injured CAF members, allowing participants to connect through peer support and encourage a healthy and active lifestyle.
The aim and scope of this event is to learn about tools and techniques that you can incorporate in your daily life to support you an active and healthy lifestyle.
Regardless of the current skill level, the participants will receive expert instruction in yoga.
The event will include eight sessions of 75 minutes, you will be guided through an inclusive, all-levels yoga sequence to help you stretch, strengthen and nurture your body followed by a guided meditation.
Assistance throughout the event will be provided courtesy of Marie Bourdon - Movement & Meditation Teacher, Forest Therapy Guide (Marie is a graduate of Carly Stong’s body positive, trauma informed yoga teacher training).
The number of Soldier On participants is limited to eight.
Minimum eligibility criteria
Any serving member or veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) within one hour’s drive from the location in the Kingston, ON Geographical areas who acquired a permanent physical or mental health illness or injury while enrolled as a member of the CAF; whether attributable or not to service.
Medical clearance may be required by your chain of command.
Mental & Physical Requirements
Participants must be able to tolerate 75 min of light paced activities. Participants will be joined with other ill/injured members and civilians, and therefore should be able to function in a social environment.
Soldier On events are planned in accordance with municipal, provincial, territorial and federal public health measures (PHM) and regulations as well as the Canadian Armed Forces health policy and guidelines. The health and safety of Soldier On participants and staff, PSP staff, and CAF TG personnel are paramount. While specific safety precautions for each event will depend on the scope, scale and location of the event, the utmost care will be undertaken to ensure the risk associated with the spread of COVID-19 is very low.
Specific precautions, rules, regulations and observances will be communicated to selected participants for this specific camp in due course, but all applicants must be prepared to:
- Be familiar with, and adhere to current PHM regulations and guidance;
- Complete the respective provincial / territorial or federal government COVID-19 self-assessment tool before attending the event;
- Refrain from participating in a Soldier On event if they have tested positive for COVID-19, have come in contact with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 and/or are experiencing symptoms of the virus;
- Practice physical distancing during activity, including the use of non-medical mask when appropriate;
- Follow all safety precautions provided by Soldier On and its sport service providers;
- Adhere to a stringent use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and perform rigorous hand hygiene;
- Inform Soldier On immediately if you are not feeling well.
Soldier On, during the conduct of this activity, shall:
- Ensure that the event is conducted following the current PHM regulations and guidelines of the location in question;
- Ensure that all staff and participants are using PPE properly and following necessary protocols;
- Soldier On will cease the event if participants do not respect any of the health and safety protocols that are in place;
- Ensure PPE, hand sanitizer and disinfectant supplies are available and are being used;
- Continue to monitor the further provincial lifting of or changes in restrictions which may affect their operations;
- Track physical interactions (time/date/attendees/location) on physical activity log.
The event OPI will confirm in writing with the participants selected for this activity. A joining instruction will be issued prior to event; ensuring applicants are authorized to participate IAW applicable policies & eligibility criteria.