Starting 06 February, Soldier On is hosting 6 weekly 1.5 hour Yoga sessions at Oromocto Hazen Centre.
Yoga Warriors was designed specifically to help veterans suffering from PTSD. Yoga Warriors classes integrate concepts of traditional hatha yoga with modern knowledge of the mind/body connection.
Sessions will be Feb 06, 13, 20, 27, Mar 05, 12
Benefits of Yoga Warriors Classes:
- Lowers state and trait anxiety
- Improves anger management skills
- Increases self-calming ability
- Helps participants recognize and safely release emotions without judgment
- Brings participants back to the present by reconnecting mind to body
Minimum eligibility criteria: Any serving member or veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) from the GAGETOWN Geographical area who acquired a permanent physical or mental health illness or injury while enrolled as a member of the CAF; whether attributable or not to service.
Application Deadline: 17 January